Courseware Development & Production
Courseware Development and Production is one of the Divisions of Open, Distance and e-Learning (ODeL). It is responsible for courseware development, production and transmission. Its scope of operation covers all aspects of academic programmes that require courseware in their delivery modes. Units under the Division are; Science Unit coordinated by Dr. Lydiah Wambugu, Humanities and Social Sciences Unit coordinated by Dr. Charles M. Wafula and e-Learning Unit coordinated by Dr. Naomi W. Mwangi.
The Coordinators in Humanities and Social Sciences and the Science Unit, work closely with academic heads in the following Colleges and departments to develop modules;
- College of Architecture and Engineering (CAE)
- College of Health Sciences (CHS),
- College of Biological and Physical Sciences (CBPS)
- College of Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences (CAVS)
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Open Learning
The e-Learning Unit plays an important role in digitizing lecture content, e-conversion and uploading of lecture material to the Learner Management System (LMS) , recording of lecture videos and maintaining of the LMS.
"To be a world-class hub of courseware development and production for open, distance and e-Learning.
" To enable access to quality education and training through robust, integrated an scalable technology platforms, skilled personnel and effective learner support services.
- Professionalism and integrity
- Team spirit, Teamwork and collaboration
- Freedom of thought and expression
- Commitment to lifelong learning and development
- Dedication to excellence and meritocracy
- Innovativeness and creativity
- Good governance and responsible citizenship with strong social responsibility
- Quality customer service
- National cohesion and inclusiveness
For more Information, Visit the Department Website