|Capacity building for students and supervisors
The Library will host a virtual training on Remote Access to Electronic Information Resources (Books & Journals) and Research Tools (Turnitin Supervisory Tool) from May 4-7, 2021.
The main objective of the training is to guide the students and researchers on how to access the books, journals and other information resources remotely. Supervisors will be trained on how to use Turnitin software.
The following is the training schedule and the links to register for the training from May 4 -7, 2021
Remote Access to Electronic information resources
All students and Researchers
Tue, 4th May 2021
Academic staff / Supervisors
Thu, 6th May
Academic staff / Supervisors
Fri, 7th May
Links and programs for the subsequent topics to be covered will be availed on weekly basis.
For those who will not be able to participate in the training, please find step by step presentation on the above topics in the Library website using the following link: https://uonlibrary.uonbi.ac.ke/basic-page/library-guides-presentations
Preparations towards the 65th virtual graduation ceremony that will be held on September 24, 2021, have started in earnest.
The students who wish to graduate on September 24, should confirm the completeness of their academic requirements, fees payment, and disciplinary cases. Our staff at the departments will be working closely with you to facilitate this exercise of ensuring the completeness of all these processes in time.
More information shall be provided in due course.
|VIRTUAL LIBRARY OPEN / ACADEMIC INTEGRITY WEEK, 2021
The Library Department will be holding a Virtual Library Open Week event from 14th – 16th April 2021, where we will showcase our electronic information resources, services, and facilities, all of which are accessible to the University community. For more information, please click here https://uonlibrary.uonbi.ac.ke/latest-news/virtual-library-open-academic-integrity-week-2021
|SMIS Registration and Fee Payments
Please read and download the notice to all students regarding SMIS registration and fee payments here:
|ODeL Webinar Scheduled for 11th March 2021
please register for ODeL Webinar, Theme: Optimizing Online Learning in Higher Education: Experiences During Covid-19 and Beyond.
or copy this Link and paste it on your Device
|Virtual Open Day
The University of Nairobi will be having Virtual Open day on February 18th and 19th, 2021.
Please register using the following link below:
|2nd Annual International Conference of Project Planning & Management
The School of Open and Distance Learning in ODeL Campus invites you to the Second Annual International Conference of Project Planning & Management which will be held from 12th to 14th October 2020.
|Virtual Graduation Invitation
This is to invite you to the Virtual graduation that will be held on September 25, 2020, from 8.00 am.
|REGISTRATION: INCOMING FIRST YEAR STUDENTS ONLINE REGISTRATION
The University of Nairobi will commence the new academic year on Monday, August 31, 2020. Applicants who received a formal letter of offer to join the University this academic year 2020/2021 are required to complete the registration process online.
Registration is the process by which you formally enroll at the University, The Portal for online registration shall open on Monday 24th August 2020 at midnight. All applicants are required to register during this period.
Click HERE to follow the step by step Online Registration guide (REGISTRATION MANUAL)
Document Requirements for Online Registration: ( For Post Graduate Students, Undergraduate Module I and II students)
The following information outlines all the steps new students need to register successfully:
At the end of this registration process applicants should have:
Applicants can access the University of Nairobi student self–service portal Students Management Information System (SMIS): https://smis.uonbi.ac.ke/ . To log in, Students will use the log in details sent to them via email; or write to the following offices to request the log in details.
Once an applicant logs in, they are required to download the comprehensive joining Instructions (Academic, Legal and Health Requirements). This document contains important forms that need to be filled out and uploaded on to the system. Print all the forms and fill them out in full as guided (steps 1-22). Scan the filled documents and upload. Please ensure you scan your passport photograph and upload it to the system. Place your request for student ID as detailed in the Joining Instructions document JI/17. The IDs will be availed to the respective Deans’/Directors’ offices once printed for your collection.
Use this checklist to ensure you have all the required documents:
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT CHECKLIST FORMS:
Students are required to fill these forms and upload them on the SMIS system.
KCSE 2019 GOVERNMENT SPONSORED STUDENTS CHECKLIST
1. Fees: pay requisite fees in the accounts provided.
2. Letter of offer of student Bursary(where applicable)
3. Letter of Acceptance-JI/A
4. Student Personal Details-JI/2
5. Student Medical Examination Report-JI/3
6. Emergency Operation Form-JI/4
7. Declaration for Admission/Re-Admission/Studentship-JI/5A
8. A duly executed Student Bond-JI/5B
9. Sponsorship Form(where applicable)-JI/6B
10. Duly completed Accommodation Application Form-JI/7B
11. Duly completed Accommodation Declaration Form -JI/8\
12. Receipt for accommodation (suspended ) further guidance to be given in due course) – Form to be shared with students for future use
13. Duly signed declaration on Rules and Regulations- JI/13B
14. Biometric Registration ( upload your scanned passport photo and signature)_
15. Signed the Nominal Roll(Click on the link to sign the nominal roll)
SELF SPONSORED/ MODULE II STUDENTS CHECKLIST
1. Fees: pay requisite fees in the account provided in your letter of admission
2. Letter of offer of student Bursary(where applicable)
3. Letter of Acceptance-PP/1A
4. Non-Acceptance/Deferment Form -PP/1B
5. Declaration for Admission-PP/2
6. A duly executed Student Bond-PP/3
7. Sponsorship Form(where applicable)-PP/5
8. Student Entrance Medical Examination
9. Biometric Registration ( upload your scanned passport photo and signature)
10. Signed the Nominal Roll(Click on the link to sign the nominal roll)
The applicant can then access the fee structure on the SMIS system with guidelines on how to pay the prescribed fees. Please note that separate guidelines apply for Government-sponsored (module 1) and Self-sponsored (Module 2). Fee payment guidelines
Once payment is made, students are requested to wait for at least 48 hours then log back into the system to complete the online registration and submit a request for registration. Students can only submit their registration request once the portal is opened on Monday, 24th August 2020. Applicants will receive an SMS alert once the registration process is confirmed.
Upon confirmation, applicants will then log in to the portal: https://smis.uonbi.ac.ke/ to complete the student profile, fill out all the sections on the table provided and create a student’s email account and an active directory account as guided. Student email accounts are critical, students will ONLY receive official communication from the University on this email address. Students are also required to create an Active Directory Account (AD Account: This account will grant student access to various Online Learning platforms and vast University online resources)
The complete registration process; Register for your courses on the Course registration tab.
Should you experience any challenges during the registration process please contact:
Tel. contacts: Academic Registrar 0204913199/3027/3196/3067/3065 Graduate School 0204913128/3129/8030/8032
Customer Experience Centre contacts: 0204910000, 0204914112
Technical Support: firstname.lastname@example.org,
The following are general service emails:
SERVICE EMAIL ADDRESS
Undergraduate Admissions: email@example.com
Graduate Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
|TO ALL INCOMING FIRST YEAR STUDENTS: IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION AND ORIENTATION
This is to inform you as follows:
1 The Academic Year 2020/2021 will commence on Monday 31 August 2020.
2. Orientation programme, registration, classes and examination will be conducted via online platforms.
Important dates to note:
Registration Monday, 24th August- Friday, 4th September 2020 through SMIS students Portal
Orientation Monday, 31st August – Friday, 4th September 2020 through Google meet/ University website Livestream
Online classes Training: Monday, 7th September- 18th September 2020
Lectures: Monday 21st September 2020 through e-Class, SOMAS, Google classroom or Google Meet
3 The Orientation/Registration week programme and instructions on how to access your registration documents will be communicated in due course.
4. All students are expected to pay the relevant fees before their admission to the University. Module II students will generate their admission numbers upon payment of fees.
5. Acquire an appropriate digital gadget like a tablet, iPad or computer/laptop which will enable you to start your studies.
6. Ensure to download your admission letter and joining instructions and acquire a University email address. The attached Checklist will assist you to organize all the required documents.
7. KCSE 2019 students who may have not received their Admission Letters/Joining Instructions to immediately email email@example.com with details of their name, programme to which they have been admitted to and KCSE Index Number.
8. Applicants who have received Inter-Institution/University Transfer letters from KUCCPS should scan and email the letter/notification from KUCCPS to firstname.lastname@example.org. The University of Nairobi will send all successful applicants their Letters of Admission/Joining Instructions via their email addresses.
9. Academic records and “No change of Names” policy. The University of Nairobi has a policy on “No change of name”. This policy does not allow students to use affidavits or deed polls for change of names during the student’s academic stay at the University. The policy is informed by a court ruling (court case Petition no. 63 of 2018 ) that guided that an “affidavit, deed poll and the likes are not academic documents for purposes of names.”
Applicants are therefore advised that they will be admitted at the University of Nairobi using the names that appear on the result slips and or certificates they present for admission purposes. The names that appear on the required application documents will be used in all academic records and shall be the names that will appear in the official University of Nairobi certificates.