This is to inform you as follows:
1 The Academic Year 2020/2021 will commence on Monday 31 August 2020.
2. Orientation programme, registration, classes and examination will be conducted via online platforms.
Important dates to note:
Registration Monday, 24th August- Friday, 4th September 2020 through SMIS students Portal
Orientation Monday, 31st August – Friday, 4th September 2020 through Google meet/ University website Livestream
Online classes Training: Monday, 7th September- 18th September 2020
Lectures: Monday 21st September 2020 through e-Class, SOMAS, Google classroom or Google Meet
3 The Orientation/Registration week programme and instructions on how to access your registration documents will be communicated in due course.
4. All students are expected to pay the relevant fees before their admission to the University. Module II students will generate their admission numbers upon payment of fees.
5. Acquire an appropriate digital gadget like a tablet, iPad or computer/laptop which will enable you to start your studies.
6. Ensure to download your admission letter and joining instructions and acquire a University email address. The attached Checklist will assist you to organize all the required documents.
7. KCSE 2019 students who may have not received their Admission Letters/Joining Instructions to immediately email email@example.com with details of their name, programme to which they have been admitted to and KCSE Index Number.
8. Applicants who have received Inter-Institution/University Transfer letters from KUCCPS should scan and email the letter/notification from KUCCPS to firstname.lastname@example.org. The University of Nairobi will send all successful applicants their Letters of Admission/Joining Instructions via their email addresses.
9. Academic records and “No change of Names” policy. The University of Nairobi has a policy on “No change of name”. This policy does not allow students to use affidavits or deed polls for change of names during the student’s academic stay at the University. The policy is informed by a court ruling (court case Petition no. 63 of 2018 ) that guided that an “affidavit, deed poll and the likes are not academic documents for purposes of names.”
Applicants are therefore advised that they will be admitted at the University of Nairobi using the names that appear on the result slips and or certificates they present for admission purposes. The names that appear on the required application documents will be used in all academic records and shall be the names that will appear in the official University of Nairobi certificates.